New member --- and new unknown boat

Early Crestliner and Larson (pre-Crestliner) boats from mostly from the 1950's and 60's. 70's owners welcome, no 70's catalogs yet, but please send us any for this site.~ Discussion, information, questions, etc.

New member --- and new unknown boat

Postby gasserx » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:05 am

Hi,
First of all, thanks for letting me in to this forum :D
I live in Norway, and there are very few vintage USA/Canada made boats over here, and there are not many local resources to ask questions. However, i recently came over and old aluminum boat that was brought over here when the previous owners moved over here from New York area. The boat had been in the family since the 70`s or early 80`s, and was used on the Hudson river.
I love old aluminum boats, and i just had to buy it!

Well, now the tricky part... I cant find any identification or tags of any kind on it :( I might do when i strip the paint of it, but im not there yet though.
I have posted pictures a few other places on the internet, and a few guys have suggested it is an old Crestliner. So i thought maybe this would be the best place to ask. Please feel free to delete this post if this boat is absolutely not a Crestliner, and if so, im sorry in advance if i "spammed" the forum with a non-Crestliner thread.

The floor and seats have been replaced, and obviously instruments and new steering wheel has been added - other than that im not sure.
Here are a few (not so good) photos:

gasserx

Re: New member --- and new unknown boat

Postby OutBdNut » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:59 pm

Welcome to the Crestliner site! Looking at your photos, I don't think it's a Crestliner. The bow light and windshield look like the year would be early 1960s. Whatever you have, it looks like a nice boat!

You may want to check at http://www.fiberglassics.com this is mainly a site for fiberglass boat collectors, but they have a lot of aluminum boat catalogs in their online library - maybe you can find your boat there. Here is a link to take you to their library where you can select various brands of Aluminum boat catalogs:

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Main_Page

If you find or have a vintage outboard motor for it, from any country, you can get questions about it answered at the Antique Outboard Club International site at their "Ask a Member" board [url]aomci.org[/url] People there will also try to identify your boat if you post photos there.

Good Luck, and let us know what the boat is. I'm curious!
Dave
57 Viking14 730 w/aft deck, splashwell, and folding seatbacks
57 Commander 12 Custom Deluxe 550
57 Viking 14 701 (Heavily Modified)
58 Cadillac Rivera (Not a Crestliner, but still cool!)
Dozens of old outboards
OutBdNut

Postby Chris » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:50 pm

Welcome!

Is there any info on the corner brackets in rear?
The straight sides and flat top windshield put it at around 1959 and newer. I'd take a look at "Lone Star" boats, and also "Texas Maid" and "Arkansas Traveler"

Nice boat! Pretty rare there I bet.
Chris

Postby OutBdNut » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:16 pm

I love those side decks with the step-pads!
Dave
Dozens of old outboards
OutBdNut

Postby gasserx » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:28 am

I will post more pics over the weekend, and especially of the transom. I will also look closer to see if i can find any tag or numbers somewhere.
There is actually a small rectangular plate on the right side inside the transom, and i tried to remove the paint, but could not find any numbers or letters on it :(

I think it looks very much like an Starcraft Stardust, but still - its not...as mine has flat sides on the hull.

gasserx

Postby gasserx » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:56 pm

Just got her home :)

Its a Polar Kraft. Dont have much more info yet, but i found a tag and some info under several layers of paint :D
gasserx

Postby OutBdNut » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:41 pm

I 'v e never heard of Polar Kraft, but here is some Polar Kraft info and they area still in business:
Dave

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/index.php?title=Polar_Kraft

http://www.polarkraft.com/

On their website I found contact info below, including an E-address:

PolarKraft Boats, 300 E. Chicago Ave., Syracuse, IN 46567

Phone 574.457.2082

General Inquiries: info@polarkraft.com
Dozens of old outboards
OutBdNut

Return to Retrocrestliner Boat Forum