New Member, New Project! 1970? Muskie 17

Early Crestliner and Larson (pre-Crestliner) boats from mostly from the 1950's and 60's. 70's owners welcome, no 70's catalogs yet, but please send us any for this site.~ Discussion, information, questions, etc.

New Member, New Project! 1970? Muskie 17

Postby Muskie17 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:43 pm

Hey All,

I need some help identifying a boat that I just acquired from my grandpa last weekend. He used it every Thursday evening for 30+ years to take fishing on the Chesapeake Bay and hasn't used it in about 3 years now. It was covered the entire time, but has certainly seen its better days due to the salt water and heavy usage. I think its a 1970 but I can't find anything on the interwebs that clarifies it... can anyone tell?

I'm also new to boat ownership and knew that undertaking this project would take some serious effort. I'm ready for that, but I honestly have no idea where to start... any recommendations? I've set up an appointment at a trusted marina to diagnose the engine, steering, rods, etc. but other than that, I've got no clue what I'm doing. I am however committed to getting this thing restored to good working condition. Unless yall tell me I'm crazy ha!

Any advice you have is much appreciated. Thanks for looking!

(Sorry for sideways pictures, it won't let me turn them...)
IMG_4068.JPG (47.25 KiB) Viewed 255 times
IMG_4067.JPG (44.55 KiB) Viewed 255 times
IMG_4068.JPG (47.25 KiB) Viewed 255 times
IMG_4065.JPG (40.88 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Return to Retrocrestliner Boat Forum